Illinois Supports Hospitality Industry during COVID-19 with emergency grants
Schaumburg, IL (April 30, 2020) — Meet Chicago Northwest is pleased to announce the following partners have been awarded grant funds from the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity.
- Wing Wah – Arlington Heights
- Mr. Allison’s Restaurant – Arlington Heights
- Red Roof Inn Arlington Heights
- Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove Village
- Narayan Hospitality – Elk Grove Village
- Semeo Inc. – Super 8 Motel – Elk Grove Village
- Uncle Bills Diner – Roselle
- Dairy Queen – Schaumburg
- Fairfield Inn and Suites – Schaumburg
- Hyatt House Chicago Schaumburg
- Schaumburg Hotel Partners, LLC – Schaumburg
- Schaumburg Meacham Pointe, LLC – Schaumburg
- Subway -Schaumburg
- Wu’s Chinese Cuisine -Schaumburg
- Hot Bird Inc. -Schaumburg
- Lynfred Winery Bed & Breakfast – Roselle
The funds were granted to aid with working capital, such as payroll and rent, job training and technology to support shifts in operations including increased use of carryout and delivery for food businesses. On March 23rd the State of Illinois launched a $14.45M Hospitality Emergency Grant Program to support small businesses in the hotel and food & beverage sector in response to the pandemic shutdown. The hospitality industry in Illinois has seen significant revenue losses as the pandemic worsened and the Stay at Home Order was extended through April.
Over 12,000 hospitality small businesses applied for the funds, and over 700 were awarded grant funding. A lottery system was used to select award winners. “These funds will help the businesses stay operational in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic,” says Dave Parulo, President of Meet Chicago Northwest, “and help them recover quickly once the Order expires and citizens are allowed to frequent area businesses again.”
About Meet Chicago Northwest
Meet Chicago Northwest is the official destination marketing organization for eight vibrant and sophisticated communities. Conveniently located on the northwest edge of Chicago and offering destination amenities including 65 hotels with over 10,000 guest rooms, over 25 major attractions and more than 400 restaurants. The organization’s mission is to make a positive economic impact by marketing and selling the region to groups and individual travelers. Information about Meet Chicago Northwest is available at ChicagoNorthwest.com.
Meet Chicago Northwest Media Contact