If you’ve been a meeting planner for more than 10 minutes, you know how stressful your job can be. Between navigating the barrage of checklists, to-dos and follow-ups to dealing with unexpected snags, it can be quite a challenge to keep everything sorted out and on track. Fortunately, the digital age has bestowed several gifts upon meeting planners to help them do their jobs in a more efficient and productive manner. Below are seven apps you should look into in order to stay on top of your meeting planning game.
- HeyTell – Good communication is absolutely critical to the success of your meeting; without a convenient way to frequently communicate with your team, you’re sunk. HeyTell is a simple yet extremely handy app that can basically convert your smartphone into a walkie-talkie. Just download the app, select your contact, and make communicating across the event space a snap. Roger that!
- Evernote – From travel itineraries to venue research to menu selections, you need some type of filing system to keep track of the many different components of the average meeting. Evernote helps you organize all of your event-related information, allowing you to share notes and sync across multiple devices so that your whole team will be kept up to speed on the latest event updates.
- ScannerPro – Ever felt like you were drowning in a sea of paperwork? ScannerPro can help you simplify your document management by enabling you to scan all of your receipts, contracts, whiteboard notes, etc., and convert them to PDF files so that you can email, file, or print them right away. The app also features resizing, cropping, and light adjustment features to help you optimize the look of your documents.
- Asana – Originally created as an internal productivity-boosting app for Facebook employees, Asana enables you to orchestrate all of your event-related tasks with your team in a seamless, convenient manner. Using Asana, you can delegate assignments, track important conversations and boost the overall workflow of your team.
- Boomset – Event registration can be an unruly beast sometimes. With the help of the Boomset app, you can check in attendees via QR code scanning, create wristbands and print badges or special credentials. Boomset is also compatible with a number of popular event management platforms, making registration as hassle-free as possible for event organizers.
- Bizzabo – Planning an event requires the ability to multitask. Bizzabo helps you juggle the many assignments and to-dos that are required to pull off your meeting by handling such areas as ticketing and registration, sending emails, managing contacts, updating agendas in real-time, and providing in-app messaging for attendees. This ultra-helpful app can also track the success of your event using social metrics and analytics data.
- Eventbrite – Eventbrite is an all-in-one event management app that allows you to create and promote your own event, sell tickets, and manage attendee registration. Used by hundreds of thousands of event organizers all over the world, this app provides you with all of the tools you need to plan, promote, and manage your event from start to finish.
Thanks to mobile technology, event planners now have unprecedented access to some of the most effective productivity tools on the planet. Use the apps listed above to help you plan your events with minimal hassle and maximum results!